Re: mail() w/ postfix problem in Fedora Core 3 FIXED

Nathaniel Price wrote:

I've been searching for the solution to this problem to no avail.

I recently did a clean install of FC3 on a server that was running RH8. There were a number of PHP scripts that I had configured to send out email for notices or passwords or the like. However, now that I've upgraded I can't send mail through the mail() command in PHP.

My problem is exactly like what I found here, but unfortunately that question was left unanswerd: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-December/msg06708.html

[snip]

I found out what the problem was on the fedora-users mailing list. It turns out that it was a 'problem' with Fedora Core 3. By default it uses SELinux to secure the httpd binary against executing other stuff it's not supposed to, including the postfix sendmail-compatible interface. FC's documentation on SELinux can be found here:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/

Thanks for your help and suggestions on this admittedly non-obvious problem.

Nathaniel