Re: What program to use to make thumbnail images?

John Holmes wrote:
What do you guys recommend for making thumbnails from uploaded images? I know of the GD extension, Imagemagik and netpbm. Any other recommendations or opinions on which of the above work best with PHP? Thanks.

Imagemagik is your best bet IMHO. It's the most configurable and gives the best results. It's too bad it can't be built directly into php, but I think there is a pear module for it. Myself, I just use the command line --- but be sure and take all the necessarily precautions when making system calls!

--
Jason Morehouse
Vendorama - Create your own online store