Re: E-mails with mail() as UTF-8

Have you tried base64 encoding of your message before placing it in your mail()? That is how I have my program sending japanese characters in the body. As far as I know the subject line is only supposed to be from the latin character sets.

Respectfully,
Ligaya Turmelle

Kimmo Alm wrote:
Hey again!

I'm having major trouble using mail() to deliver UTF-8 e-mails.

They get sent and delivered successfully, but seem to be... messed up when they arrive (they go through my ISP's relay e-mail server).

My headers basically look like this: "From: Test <robot@xxxxxxxxxxx>\nMIME-Version: 1.0\nContent-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n".

I want to be able to use UTF-8 chars both in the subject and the body.

When I check the letters in my e-mail client (Opera's built-in one -- M2), it shows "UTF-16". Also, the headers look different than from the ones I send.

Is the relay server altering my letters? What the hell is happening?