RE: On large application organization [long and possibly boring]

[snip]
BUT, also from documentation on http://us2.php.net/include/ it looks
like your example might not hold any water either. "Be warned that parse

error in required file doesn't cause processing halting." Based on that
it appears that introducing the parse error in foo2.php doesn't prove
that the file wasn't included. So, how do we actually prove this one way

or the other? I guess we could just like at the underlying C code. Any
takers?
[/snip]

Actually, it does prove it. If there is a syntax error in the included
file and the include file is loaded into the calling file you will get a
syntax error. Since no syntax error is reported it pretty much shows
that the file was not included when the case wasn't called.