Re: PHP cacher?

On 6 Jan 2005 03:02:10 -0000, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matthew@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

* Kimmo Alm <kimmo.alm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 5 Jan 2005 17:28:42 -0000, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matthew@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> * Kimmo Alm <kimmo.alm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I've been looking for some PHP cache software for a while now, and
> > I just can't seem to find one suitable for my setup.
> >
> > I run PHP 5.x on FreeBSD 4.x with Apache 2.x. I don't particularly fancy
> > the Linux compability, but rather would prefer a native solution.
> >
> > It must be free (no charge)...
>
> http://eaccelerator.sourceforge.net/Home

I was happy when you showed me that link, as I had managed to not find
that particular accelerator software.

However, that ALSO doesn't seem to support PHP 5 and says nothing about
FreeBSD.

I don't mean to be rude, but how deep did you dig into that site?

It *does* support PHP5, as of 0.9.1. It was for that reason that it came
into being -- it forked off of Turckk mmcache because no progress was
being made on PHP5 compatability.

Also -- of the two items in the FAQ, one *specifically* addresses
compiling for FreeBSD.

I looked at the Web site again, and now it was all clear. Perhaps I was mentally drunk or something at the time I first checked it. Sorry.

However, it's funny how they lie in the actual README ;-)