RE: phpMyAdmin w/ winXP - IIS w/PHP 4.3 w/mysql 4.1.8

The problem is not with phpmyadmin, the problem is with php.  If you install
4.3 of php it will not work with mysql 4.1.8 or any version mysql 4.1 or
5.0.  It will only work if you turn on the short passwords option in 4.1.
I've not tried it on 5.0 lately.  You can get it installed but it takes a
little work.  This is not a phpmyadmin bug it's all, it's not really a php,
and it's not a mysql bug.  I reported it to both phpmyadmin and php.net over
a year ago.

Think this is a problem, wait until you get a $40k 64 bit machine and try to
install php on it via source because you want to use php 4.3 and mysql 4.1
and you find out you can't install anything because 64 bit installs stuff in
different places than php is expecting it.  And the php devel team has no
plans on fix it.  So you have to hack the config script to get it to work.

Donny