Re: How to argue with ASP people...

Hello Tony,

TDC> I am not totally against ASP, but it would have to be pretty good
TDC> to get me to switch at this point (PHP seems to do everything I
TDC> need)... But I will need to convince him of this...

While I know for sure that there is nothing ASP can do that PHP
cannot, I think your question should perhaps relate to your business
venture more than a personal "is it better or worse?". ASP, on a
Windows server, is actually a very stable development platform - just
as PHP is. If you have specific needs for components that already
exist in the ASP world, then perhaps it is a better route for you. Or
if you simply must host on a Windows server (although that's another
security related kettle of fish altogether), then again ASP would
work. Ultimately what are you express needs? because PHP can
confidently do anything you realistically need of it - so it doesn't
really come down to features at the end of the day. It comes down to
requirements.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde