what am I doing wrong? PHP5 on Fedora

**First let me say that I am a linux newbie**

I have installed Fedora 3 on a development box.  I then downloaded the
php5 source and followed the php documentation:
# ./configure --with-mysql
# make
# make install

Everything went fine, I then went to add the loadmodule line and did a
locate on my box for libphp5.so and it can't find it...shoudln't it be
there?  It can find libphp4.so but that was left over from the Fedora
install.  For the heck of it I added the loadmodule line for
libphp4.so and gave it the path to libphp4.so, I then added the
AddType lines and restarted apache.  Problem is, it doesn't parse the
php file at all.

What are some possible reasons when I don't have libphp5.so?

Thanks!