Re: Destroying session data

> I have multiple pages on a website that uses sessions ($_SESSION) to
> store the data. However, I noticed that in the C:\Windows\Temp
> directory, all the session variables/data files are stored there from
> previous (and current) sessions.

what version of php are you using?

this might be coming into play:
http://us4.php.net/session

session.gc_maxlifetime  integer

    session.gc_maxlifetime specifies the number of seconds after which
data will be seen as 'garbage' and cleaned up.

        Note: If you are using the default file-based session handler,
your filesystem must keep track of access times (atime). Windows FAT
does not so you will have to come up with another way to handle
garbage collecting your session if you are stuck with a FAT filesystem
or any other fs where atime tracking is not available. Since PHP 4.2.3
it has used mtime (modified date) instead of atime. So, you won't have
problems with filesystems where atime tracking is not available.