Re: Newbie question? diagnosing a script

Al Guevara wrote:
> I dont know if Im goin overboard askin this, but here goes... What /how
> does one use to diagnose a php script (for a link exchange) as to why it
> wont work/write to the file? With Cgi, one can use a telnet shell...... is
> there a thing to use for diagnosing php?

Perhaps http://php.net/error_log would be useful to you.

In real-time, on a Development server, just echo out whatever values you
need to debug what's happening.

You can also do something like this to analyze server output:

telnet www.arizona-commercial-real-estate.com 80
[your server prints stuff here]
GET /links/index.php HTTP/1.0
Host: www.arizona-commercial-real-estate.com

Hit an 'extra' return after the Host: line (or any other headers) and out
spews the web page with all headers.

Hmmmm.   I guess the 'wget' application is way easier, hunh?  Not as fun
though :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm