Re: Re: PHP Exploit via phpBB?

> From: "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>

> >I thought we all knew better than to use phpBB?
> >
>     I'd be interested to know what other applications you suggest that
> compares to phpBB.  Just for my own curiosity.

Invision Power Board or vBulletin. Yes, both cost money (now, at least) but they are cheap and worth it. Older versions of Invision Power Board were free, so you can use them if you can find them (my site came with v1.2 for free).

Free is good, but take a look at the track record and make your own decisions. I'm also not saying that either of the above are better simply because you pay for them. They are simply better and worth the small cost ($70-80US) for a serious web site. I'd purchase IPB in a second if I had to pay for a forum.

It really all comes to personal preference, though.

---John Holmes...

UCCASS - PHP Survey System
http://www.bigredspark.com/survey.html