Re: PHP Exploit via phpBB?

John Holmes wrote:
From: John Nichel <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I haven't fully researched it yet, but our domains were just hacked, and from the looks of it, the attack came in thru phpBB.

Not keeping up with the news, eh? ;)

There was a big discussion about this on slashdot and other news sites. The worm actually uses Google to search for sites "Powered by phpBB" and then attacks them.

I thought we all knew better than to use phpBB? Why not just install phpNuke and some random guestbook and shell access script while you're at it?!?! ;)

---John Holmes...

UCCASS - PHP Survey System
http://www.bigredspark.com/survey.html

I like to live dangerously. ;)

But....this is supposed to be fixed in phpBB 2.0.11.

I'm currently going thru logs from previous days to see if I was getting this 'attack' before upgrading to php v4.3.10

That's why I'm wanted to post this here...just in case it isn't phpBB problem.

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek