Re: String parsing issue in PHP 4.3.10?

> Quote:  The one-line comment styles actually only comment to the end of the line or the current block of PHP code, whichever comes first. This means that HTML code after // ?> WILL be printed: ?> skips out of the PHP mode and returns to HTML mode, and // cannot influence that. If asp_tags configuration directive is enabled, it behaves the same with // %>.

I read that too, but my problem is with the fact that if the previous
line is NOT commented out, the script works fine.  You will notice
that the previous line also contains a '?>' sequence, so I'm confused
as to why this would "die" on one line but not the other?   Or is this
some freak combination of comments and PHP tags? :-o

At any rate, I managed to work around this issue by encapsulating the
'\s?' partion of the expression in parentheses.