Re: Re: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Nic Begusarai wrote:

> "Nic Begusarai" <bihbeg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:...
>>
>> I just install MySql and trying to connect on localhost using PHP
>>
>> Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
> server;
>> consider upgrading MySQL client
>> how to correct this problem

Can you connect through the command line (or MS-DOS) using:
'mysql -u username -p database'

You'll maybe need to dink around with $PATH or $path settings to get
'mysql' in your environment settings.

If you can't connect from the command line, PHP has little hope of
connecting.

What version of PHP and MySQL and what server are you using?

Did you provide a username/password to MySQL?

Do you have any settings in php.ini or /etc/my.cnf or httpd.conf that you
know of that might affect how you are authenticated with MySQL?

Do you have mod_auth_mysql installed with Apache?  And is it using the
*SAME* version of MySQL that you compiled with the PHP client?  If not,
you have to make them match up.

Did you get any kind of messages when you compiled Apache, MySQL, and PHP?
 Or did you compile them?

What version of MySQL did you install?  What version is built in with PHP?
 They have to match up, or it won't work.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm