RE: script PHP to detect IP address

hmmm, perhaps you are not clear about how IP addresses are used (assigned
and reassigned), if your interest is the ip address of a PC connected to
your website or the ip of the website, probably depends on your web server,
for my apache server;

$_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] (apache server IP address, at least the one being
used by my connection)
$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] (browser IP address, that is connected to my task)

If on the other hand you are talking about a stand alone script, you need to
understand how IP addresses are assigned as needed (there is probably no one
IP address that identifies a single PC in most cases), there are a few
exceptions where fixed IP addresses are assigned, but more often not.
Perhaps if you were to identify what you are trying to find out, asking that
question would get you a more definitive answer?

good luck,

Warren Vail