Re: Database Framework

Jonel Rienton wrote:
> Is there an on-going initiative as far as creating a PHP framework
> somewhat the same as .Net's framework implementation? Like for
> instance, the System.Data namespace where PHP developer can just create
> something like a DataAdapter which can connect to a datastore and fill
> a DataSet object?  I think that would make our life a little easier?
> This post is by not any means a way to start a flame war or something,
> I just thought about it and  I think it makes sense.

I thought somebody was doing a PHP Module to connect to .Net

Don't ask my *why* they think that's a Good Idea, but there it is. :-)

PEAR might be worth looking at.

There's an ADODB interface out there for PHP, which I think works kind of
like what you describe.

Since I pretty much hate all these things, and have used them for a
maximum of 5 minutes except when forced to use them more by circumstances,
I'm not the best source, but all you have to do is dig and you'll find
what you want, most likely.

Good luck!

--
Like Music?