Re: smtp server

Pablo D Marotta wrote:
> Hi there..
> I´m trying to use the mail function but I have a problem. I´m working in a
> LAN
> with more or less 30 pcs, that places inside a huge network, and I just
> can´t
> use the enterprise smtp server.
> How can i set a valid smtp server?

If you have Microsoft licensing for them, one would assume their SMTP
server is valid...  Well, as valid as any MS product. :-)

> I thought about installing some "good-free" smtp server on my own pc, and
> then
> use it for the mail function.

Ah.  "good-free"...  Google for "Windows OpenSource SMTP"

> What do you think of this idea? Would you recommend any free smtp server
> currently available?

Depending on how much email you have to move, it may be easier to install
something like Pegasus mail client, which works from command line, and use
http://php.net/exec to invoke it.  Or so other Windows users have told me.

This will probably not be good to handle HEAVY loads of email, but if you
just need to send out the occasional update/newsletter to a small number
of recipients, it should be fine.

You may want to try the PHP Windows mailing list, assuming that's still
around and active.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm