Re: Re: Good and free encoder for PHP5

Well, you could try XP's "Compatibility Mode", I think my girlfriend got Afterlife to run under XP doing that.  She got it to run somehow..haha.. because we just found a copy of Afterlife for like $1 somewhere and she picked it up.

Or, if you happen to be blessed with VMWare, there's always that.  I've used VMWare to succesfully set up DOS 6.22 and some games that didn't work under DOSBox and Windows 95 to run some games that Win98 and XP didn't like so much.

So there's always options..  if you have time and/or money :)    You might be able to use Wine or something to run an older version of Windows to get Afterlife to work as well.

In general, yes.. software gets old and rusty on the new OS's... but if you're ingenuity is adequate, you can figure out a way to have your cake and eat it too.

Where there's a will (and a search engine and maybe $200 for VMWare)....  there's an emulation of some kind.

-TG
*** new email address tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*** old email address tgryffyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  YAY CHAPTER 11!