RE: Re: Hostname

> > In earlier versions of PHP, you could use the $HOSTNAME global
> > variable to get the server/machine name that is running Apache/PHP.
> > However, that variable is no longer working and I can't seem to find a
> > replacement in any of the super global variables.  Is there one?  How
> > can you get the server/machine name?
> $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']
> $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']

Interesting.  When I do:

print_r( $_SERVER )

both of the above print out the site name and not the host
name.  For example, the site name is 'mysite.mydomain.com'
and the servername is 'machinebob'.  Each of the above print
out 'mysite.mydomain.com' and not 'machinebob', which is
what I was expecting.

thnx,
Chris