Re: GD functions don't delete temporary files

>> Seems like this is something that either the GD lib or PHP should be
>> doing and
>> not the user. Shouldn't this be reported as a bug?
>
> Yes, I also consider this a bug, unless it's something specific to my
> system. To find out, I posted this here.
>
> Is nobody else out there using ImageGIF() with PHP 4.3.9? Can't believe
> it...

As a work-around, you may want to try http://php.net/imagepng

It's a superior format anyway, and OpenSource, and without the turbulent
history of GIF.

Of course, if you *NEED* GIF for some reason, you need GIF.  But if you
just want low-bandwidth images, PNG will suffice.

Some very very very very old browsers support GIF and not PNG, but nothing
that's even remotely current doesn't support PNG, as far as I know.

'Course, the PNG may have the same issue as well.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm