Re: allow_url_fopen ini directive not enough

Ah OK. So the only only includes should be out of the web tree, or on a remote site?

Nice one.

Mike Ford wrote:

On 10 December 2004 22:07, Richard Lynch wrote:

This is a MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM than remote include working or not.

You've *GOT* to get those files *OUT* of the web-tree.

The only files that belong in the web tree are those that
should be surfed
to.

1000% hear hear to that.

Maybe you'd say I'm taking this to ludicrous extremes, but the *only*
surfable PHP files on my site look like this:

<?php
   ini_set('include_path', '....');
   include('the_real_code.php.inc');
?>

I don't even like having the explicit include_path setting there, but I
don't currently have access on the server to set it any other way.  One of
these days I'll look to see if any of Chris Shifflet's resources on the
subject are of use to me, but right now it suffices.

Cheers!

Mike