Re: File upload problems using Apache 1.3 on Debian stable

Hi,
I do indeed have the file upload code inside a class function. it's one of those little things about PHP hadn't fully realised yet. Thanks for the pointer! If I pass the relevant _FILE entry to that function and work off that it solves the problem right?

Cheers,
Tom

Richard Lynch wrote:

coding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
   I have been having problems trying to get file uploads working with
PHP in a Debian Linux enviroment. I have ensured that both the temporary
directory PHP uploads use has the appropriate permissions set, as well
as the folder I am attempting to copy the images into.

When I called phpinfo() from the page that the upload script is on it
shows the contents of the _FILE array as containing the appropriate
details, however when I try and access them from within my actual code,
the variables appear to be unset, and no files appear in either the
temporary folder or the folder I am trying to copy the file to.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you wrap your code up in a nice function?

Perhaps you need:
global $_FILES;
inside that function.

Or not.  Still haven't worked out which $_XXX are super-global or not in
which versions.

Maybe someday.

-- Working on webhosting Tel:01388 777711 MTA handling, PHP Web:www.digital-data.co.uk scripting, and wireless Email:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx networking, just for a change.