Re: Forms In PHP

Wil Hitchman wrote:
> I created a web form in PHP and used a couple of email addresses.  The
> only email address that worked when I submitted to the form (for testing
> purposes) was my Yahoo address.  My AOL, hotmail and other work addresses
> did not work.  Can someone tell me why?

Technically, "To: " is only supposed to allow one (1) email address.

Assuming you are using sendmail or one of its popular drop-in
replacements, they will support "To: " with multiple emails, but it's not
RFC that they have to.

So while I don't think it's the real problem, you're better off using "Cc:
" headers in the optional fourth argument to http://php.net/mail to be
standards-based.

Most likely, however, the email you sent was flagged as spam by AOL and
hotmail, but not yahoo.  So the email got sent just fine, but they throw
it out before you ever saw it.

You can research how spam filters work to make your email look less like
spam and tray again.

Unless you plan on sending spam, in which case you should just quit :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm