Re: Re: PHP Security

Quoting I l <isster@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I never said that this method wouldn't cause you overhead. With all respect,
> I am simply stating that this method is much simpler. Sometimes you must
> choose simplicity over processing costs. What if there was another
> programmer editing your code? Or, you came back to the same code after one
> year? You better make sure that it is documented well.

I'm not argiung that programming simplicity and efficiency should be sacrificed
to system efficiency.  I'm arguiing that your perspective is one that assumes
that files will only ever be touched by a PHP application doing database
queries.

I believe file system interactions -- especially in a domain where files may be
used by different applications -- are better understood and better known than
they are database interactions.

> So, you would prefer storing the uploaded file in your directory than a
> database? Have you tried either method?

Yes, of course.