Re: Sessions and multiple windows

> So if I understand you correctly if the first page takes a half hour to
> complete its queries, then the second page is going to sit for a half an
> hour before it can access the session variables?
>
> So the only way for the user to be able to do anything while the first
> page is at work is to get a new session id for each new window?
>
> In such a case, is there any way to pass information between sets of
> session variables in such a case? (I.e from $_SESSION['policeman'] of
> session number 1 and $_SESSIOn['policeman'] of session number 2)

If you don't *NEED* the session data to change for the most part of the
end of that half hour, you can close the session before you start doing
whatever takes half an hour.

If you do *NEED* the results of the half-hour of work, then you're kind of
stuck waiting for it to finish, aren't you?

You *could* transfer the 'policeman' (and other) settings in $_GET or
$_POST and put them into new sessions, but that would be much more
confusing than just using the PHP function to indicate that you have
finished all your session work, and are now just delivering content to the
user.

I forget the function name, but it's something like session_close.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm