Re: Random data loss.

2wsxdr5 wrote:

With out posting any code I was wondering if anyone here has been experiencing this kind of problem. I have a standard web from that PHP code then reads and saves the data into a MySQL DB. The problem is some of my users have had data lost somewhere in this process. The web site is www.thewishzone.com. It is a wish list site and the data that seems to be getting lost is the price of an item a user adds to their wish list. I can't seem to duplicate it here. However one user did have it happen twice in a short time period. They enter a valid price and after the record posts the price goes to zero. Any ideas?

pretty hard to tell with this information. What you might want to do, is to call the error_log() function with the insert query that is being executed. That way you will have a record of each query that has been executed. (if you have a software that can analyse your mysql binary log, it could serve the same purpose). You could then look at these queries to see if there is anything suspicious.

You could also have a bit of code that tests the value of the price variable in each page and mail you all the env settings if price happens to be zero that way you would have a chance of reproducing the problem.

Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want & give the
gifts they want this holiday season