Re: Sessions in Frames...confused

Ryan A wrote:
> Hey,
>
>>Do I have to start a session in index.php which is calling the sideFrame
> and
>>mainFrame or just in mainFrame or just in sideFrame or in all?? ARRRRGH!
>>going nuts!
>
> /*
> As far as I know there is no harm in calling session_start() in all your
> Iframes and Frames. According to theory a new session will only be
> started if one has not been started already. However there have been
> several discussions on this list in the past where this behaviour was
> not observed, and you may want to look these up in the archives.
> */

In theory, if you call session_start in the main page, all the pages in
the frameset will be okay.

In practice, I'm not sure anybody will guarantee that all browsers will
have the Cookie set up BEFORE it starts getting the individual pages
within the frames of the frameset...

You'd think they would...

Frames mostly just confuse users.   Get rid of them.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm