Re: Fwd: variable not being rendered

On Sunday 05 December 2004 04:57, Dustin Krysak wrote:

> I did run it... that is the reason I posted. As I stated, When I view
> source, the result is blank.

What *exactly* did you run?

Did you run the code as presented in your previous post?

 OR

did you run it as you state further down in this post where the "print form"
part is in a function?

I suspect you're doing the latter (the former should work and if it REALLY
doesn't you should report it as a major bug), in which case you should be
ashamed for giving misleading information - stating something doesn't work
when you're acutally doing something else.

[snip]

> So as you can see the "$editFormAction" is still not being rendered. So
> I am going to add the following info, I have a page that is required
> once that contains my functions. and I defined a function to print out
> this form. My code for that is:
>
> <?php
> // create subscribe form
> function sub_form() {
> print '<form action="'.$editFormAction.'" method="post" name="ml_form"
> id="ml_form">'."\n";
> print '<p><input name="email" type="text" id="email"
> size="25"></p>'."\n";
> print '<p><input type="submit" name="Submit"
> value="Subscribe"></p>'."\n";
> print '</form>';
> }
> ?>
>
> So would my issue be that I formatted my function wrong? Or that the
> page is included?

manual > Variables > Variable scope