Re: How to $_POST from a grid

Stuart Felenstein wrote:
I have set up a record grid, where the user may see a
list of their "records".  Repeat region, etc.
There is a button next to each record the user may
click to allow them to update the particular record.

This all worked fine with $_GET where I did a link on
the button to send the PrimaryID over. Now I'm attempting to use $_POST and not having the
same success. I moved the grid into a form and have a submit button
now for the "update" button.
Since the grid only is echos of the recordset fields,
how does it know the correct PrimaryID to send when I
hit the submit button. I'm thinking this is perhaps my
problem.

Can anyone help please
Stuart
I'd go with a POST form and a JavaScript

<form name="grid" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="primary_id" />
<input type="button" onclick="document.grid['hidden'].value='123'" value="foobar" />
</form>

Or something. I'm not really that good with JavaScripts.

--
Daniel Schierbeck

Help spread Firefox (www.getfirefox.com): http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=6584