Re: ending a session

Hans J.J. Prins wrote:
Hello,

I started a session at www.mydomain.com:2222/myscript.php

I want to destroy the session at www.mydomain.com/myscript.php

I seem to not be able to destroy it though. Does the different port have
anything to do with it?

Thx,

H J.J. P

Although I've never encountered this situation before, I'll try.

More information about the platform in question will be necessary, but I'm going to go ahead and venture a "yes" here. It is safe to assume that different copies of PHP end up being run when you request something on 2222 and on 80.

Different copies of PHP don't (?) share session states. A custom session handler might be necessary for you. (Let me clarify that: PHP attached to *different servers* shouldn't share session states.)

Questions:

   1. What are you running on 2222?
   2. What are you running on 80?
   3. Is it the same copy of PHP? Same php.ini, same PHP SAPI?

   (If Apache for 1 & 2)

   4. Same Apache?
   5. What's your Listen directive look like, if YES for number 4?
   6. Vhosts?

This also may be a security feature, but I've personally never tackled the problem. Tough to say.

I'll leave my advice at that for now pending further information.

--
     _
    (_)___    Jed Smith, Code Ninja
   _/ |___/   jed@xxxxxx (Signed mail preferred: PGP 0x703F9124)