Re: php.ini

thanks for the replies, but...

> If there is a php.ini file in the php root directory, then that gets
used. Otherwise, the php.ini file in C:\Windows (iirc).  If the

Actually it seems like the Zend IDE installed another apache server. But
the situation is more confusing.

When I start my standard apache server (dbl-click the binary itself to
make sure no windows services are redirecting), it is not looking for a
php.ini in the same folder as the binary. It reads in
C:/dev/Zend/etc/php.ini

I think I tracked down the issue to setting which httpd.conf apache looks
for. the directory setup is:

apache/
   /conf/httpd.conf

but this file seems to not be getting used, rather it is using the other
apache install...

1 apache binary
  2 looks for an httpd.conf (search order?)
    3 which has a line where to load a php.dll
      4 php.ini is looked for next to the php.dll
         5 php.ini says where to find other php extensions etc.

so somewhere tween 1 and 2 there is a redirect i cannot track down.

i guess its not really a PHP issue, more an apache/zend IDE installer
thing but appreciate any tips...

/dc

>> On my dev box, I installed the zend editor. Now when i do a
>>   localhost/phpinfo()
>> from a normal browser window (ie not from within the zend IDE) it says php
>> is using the <..>/zend/php.ini settings file...
>
> This is because that's the file that it found first (ie, search order).
Zend installs its own php binaries (unless you do a custom setup).