Re: inline_C installation

Not really answering the question(considering that I'm not really sure
if the last reply answered it or not) at hand, but inline_c is infact
a pear package. It is written in Pure PHP. It works by writing the C
Code into a file, using standard php stream functions, and then using
the program exectution functions to compile it using the  standard
system compiler, before calling dl() to load it as a module. Needless
to say you need to have a compiler(usually gcc) installed for this to
work. I think you need to have make installed as well.

 I'm assuming that you're doing this on *nix. If you're using an RPM
based Linux distro, then make sure you install the php-devel package.
This I believe is php-dev on debian based, but I'm not too sure.

The best thing is probably to install PHP by from source. Then you're
(almost) sure to have whatever you need.

Regards
Rory