Re: How do I su to another account??

Well if you are using apache as your webserver you can use a module which supports this feature... mod_chroot, mod_ruid or mod_suid2 is what you want.

Or just as a suggestion if you don't want to change the running environment of apache I recommend having your script set a flag (temp file or something) then write a shell or php script running through a cron job to check for the temporary file before it executes.

Scott Fletcher wrote:
How do I su (switch user) to another account from the nobody in php?  I
haven't got it to work, so I get the impression that it is either I'm doing
it all wrong in PHP script or that the nobody doesn't have the authority to
do so.

Have anyone who ever successfully do it please post a sample script?

Thanks,
 Scott

--
Jason Gerfen