Re: Looking for pointers to mysql functions

----- Original Message -----
From: Stuart Felenstein <stuart4m@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, November 11, 2004 7:13 am
Subject: Re:  Looking for pointers to mysql functions

> --- bbonkosk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > This would be handled in your query,  so get a SQL
> > book or look into the mysql documentation...
> >
> > Look at the select statement, to request specific
> > fields, as well as the Limit keyword to return a
> > certain number of results per page.
> > -B
> >

> So there is no php code I need to know to get returns
> on my query statement ?
>
> Stuart

Depends on what you want to do....
If you have a table with an ID, name, addr, phone for instance and you only what the Name and phone then you could handle it in your query with: "select name, phone from table" OR you could handle it in PHP with:
$result = mysql_query("Select * from table");
while($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)
{ echo "row[1] - $row[2]<br>"; }

Perhaps a more meaningful question would lead to a more meaningful answer.
-B