From: Stuart Felenstein [mailto:stuart4m@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 12:32 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Question: Validation on a text field

I have a field that is an actual Mysql Text column,
aka like a blob.  I'm wondering if doing a standard
validation that checks for characters outside of the alphanumeric range is
enough.  I'm imagining some users will cut and paste from a Word or PDF doc
into the field. I've done it myself and no weird characters are showing up.

Any thoughts ?

Stuart