RE: Form executes differently in IE than in FireFox?

> > I wasn't under the impression that posting 18ish lines of code would be
> > thought of as inconsiderate, but thank you for the pointer all the same.
>
> Jason has made a campaign out of complaining lately about anything he
> can.  It's not that big a deal to most people I imagine.

I wouldn't have thought it was much of a deal either. In principle, I
understand Jason's opinion, but it is simply an opinion. Too little
information is often as much of a problem when trying to help as too much.
To that end I guess it's up to the poster's discretion, and in my case, I
felt 18 lines of code would hardly constitute an abuse of anyone's patience.
Seems, aha ahahaha, that I was wrong.

In all honesty, I'm appreciative of anyone's help, Jason's included, but
having provided first-level support for several open source projects, I tend
to find that 'meta advice' is best offered in a positive way. I guess we've
all received 'RTFM' responses while searching for answers to problems, and I
doubt anyone felt overwhelmed with happiness and gratitude at being
addressed in such a way, even if the remainder of the response included the
answer being sought.

Still, he had a point about top-posting, and he said 'please', so I poked
around in Outlook's options and, mirabile dictu [1], I am now a body-posting
fool! Or maybe just a fool. Opinions vary.

Much warmth,

Murray
http://www.planetthoughtful.org
Building a thoughtful planet,
One quirky comment at a time.

[1] Waiting patiently for the 'please don't post in Latin' response.