Re: Using system resident fonts with "image_xxx" routines?

Hello Ken,

KT> Is it possible to use fonts on a system with php's image routines?
KT> The GD supplied fonts look pretty crappy and if possible, I'd like
KT> to just use fonts available on the system (I'm on a Mac) rather
KT> than downloading a bunch of customized fonts exclusively for use
KT> with php's image_xxx routines.

Why not just load up a TTF / Postscript / with imagepsloadfont (etc)
as required and use that instead? You can't make PHP search for it in
your system font directory, but there's no reason why you can't tell
PHP to load it from there (depending on your user permissions, etc).

Not that I'd recommend it on a production server, but on my test box
the following works just fine:

imagettftext($i, 24, 0, 0, 0, $black, "C:/winxp/fonts/arial.ttf",
"blah");

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde