Re: problem with include()

Hello Jason,

JD> the login page is included ... the login page does not see the auth
JD> cookie until the user refreshes their browser ... why is this happening?

Cookies (set via setcookie) are not available to you on the same page
as you set them. The function is a means to send a special header to
the browser that makes it create the cookie when the page loads which,
at this point in your script, hasn't happened yet.

If you are including the login.php script further down the page then
rather than checking for the cookie itself, why not just check for the
original value you set the cookie to?

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde