RE: calling javascript

[snip]
I have a form and Im doing a check on submission to check whether there
are
any blank field and if there are I want to call function..
error_popup();
does this make anymore sense to you. Now I understand that you cant call
javascript from within php. wot would you recommend as an alternative.

I dont have a button or anything that I want to press, just want to call
the
function so it can open a popup window.
[/snip]

You would then be using pure JavaScript ... I think onBlur is what you
are looking for IIRC. You might want to send this to a JavaScript list.