Re: Session and validation

On Saturday 30 October 2004 10:27, Stuart Felenstein wrote:
> --- Chris Shiflett <shiflett@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > --- Stuart Felenstein <stuart4m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I had this thread going yesterday. Then basically
> > > think it reached a stalemate.
> >
> > I think you need to try to simplify your code to the
> > most basic example
> > that demonstrates the problem. By doing this, you'll
> > achieve one of two
> > things:
> >
> > 1. Figure out the problem yourself.
> > 2. Generate a perfect example that we can use to
> > better understand your
> > problem and suggest a solution.
>
> Yes, this is exactly what I did and why I dredged up
> this topic again:
>
> Here is the example:

In my reply to your 'dead' thread I suggested you concoct a barest minimum
example.

Which means:

> //Check to make sure user didnt exceed 5 selections
> if (count($industry) > 5) {
>     echo "you have selected too many industries";

No need to check for more than 5, just more than 1 would be sufficient for
proof of concept.

> ?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0

No need for extraneous useless HTML.

Ditto. What's the point of formatting it nicely?

Basically the less cruft there is the better the chance of you spotting the
problem yourself, and the likelyhood of people actually wading through your
code.