Re: User Screen Resolution

There has been talk in the past about making a phpscript that would run on the client, but then there are all the problems with browser integration, and universal support. I say this is a good niche for javascript, so make use of it if you need it.... just like you don't use a hammer to tighten a screw...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vail, Warren" <Warren.Vail@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Larry E. Ullman'" <LarryUllman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Web Guy" <webguy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "PHP" <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:05 PM
Subject: RE: User Screen Resolution

This is because there is no way for PHP to run in the browser. Wouldn't it
be nice to have a plug-in that allowed PHP to run there, perhaps as a
JavaScript replacement? Guess it would have to be a throttled back version
of PHP to adhere to sandbox security concerns. Sigh,,,,

Warren Vail

-----Original Message----- From: Larry E. Ullman [mailto:LarryUllman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 3:40 PM To: Web Guy Cc: PHP Subject: Re: User Screen Resolution

I am new to PHP and couldn't find any Globals for the User's Screen
Resolution. (don't laugh at me please)

I used to use a Javascript function to pass the resolution using
screen.width and screen.height.

What I am actually trying to do is make a page resize depending on
screen
resolution, in case that helps anyone.

Using PHP you can neither find the screen resolution nor resize the browser window. Both must be accomplished using JavaScript.

Larry