Re: Validation and session variables

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:51:48 -0700 (PDT), Chris Shiflett
<shiflett@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's
> really not worth discussing the advantages of bottom posting, but I will
> say that trimming your posts makes people not mind so much. :-)

I love discussing the advantages of documented standards, and 'known
best practices' of doing things Chris.. whatever do you mean 'not
worth discussing' ?  :)

Bottom posting gives context.. first you read the question, then you
read the answer.  It's very helpful to those of us who read top to
bottom and left to right.

But yeah, trimming posts goes a long way towards consideration.
Nothing's worse than scrolling two or three pages to read a one line
response.

And most of all..  if you participate in a list serv like php-general,
please use a 'threaded' mail client.  The list serv messages contain a
unique message id and thread capable mail clients will thread them for
you based on that message id.  This somewhat prevents multiple
(correct) answers to the same questions over and over throughout the
day.  And don't forget to turn threading 'on' in your mail client.
Like in Pine for example, you _have_ to turn it on before it begins to
work.

--
Greg Donald
Zend Certified Engineer