Re: Extracting relevant text from a text file

Stuart Felenstein wrote:

Best way for me to explain this is by example - I just applied for a job and cut and past my resume
into a textarea.
After submitting it had extracted all the information
and placed them into textfields. So my first name was
now in the first name textfield, city was in the city
field.
Also , work experience and companies were also
extracted to certain areas.

How sophisticted a search is this and are there
functions within PHP that make this accomplishable ?

preg_match()
The only question that remains is, what pattern do you want to use to match against the resume / text? A resume has a predictable format of newlines, commas and so forth so preg_match should be fairly reliable for this purpose.