RE: @session_start generates a new session_id

Hello Greg,
Thanks for reply, I did try
ini_set ( "session.auto_start", "1"); and it set the session.auto_start to
On on my configuration, however the rest of the users on that server had
auto_start off.
This didn't solve the problem, should I try to access .htaccess? I presume
it will affect all the sites on that server, right?
The problem continues, I run the logout script each time the user leaves the
admin site:
<?
$_SESSION['validlogin']="";
$_SESSION['username']="";
$_SESSION['password']="";
unset($_SESSION['validlogin']);
unset($_SESSION['username']);
unset($_SESSION['password']);
session_unset();
print("username=".$_SESSION['username']);
print("password=".$_SESSION['password']);

if(session_id()){
session_destroy();}
?>

And when the user tries to enter the admin panel again and log in, the
following script runs:
<?
session_start();

$_SESSION['validlogin']=true;
$_SESSION['username']=$username;
$_SESSION['password']=$password;

?>

However when the user logs out and the first script runs, if that user tries
to log in again with a different account, the session is started, but the
username and password variables take the first user's values, they're not
overriden.
Any idea?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Lizet