RE: Php files with .html extension?

That's definitely a good point.  I'm curious though, would it really be
a significant performance issue?  Even if a lot of HTML files are being
processed by PHP?  I mean, if the PHP parser goes through and never sees
a <? Or <?php, does it do any more than just output the file?   True,
that's something, but is it anything really significant.

The only thing I can think of that'd be an issue is, what happens if you
have a bad compile of PHP, or what happens to a system after PHP is run
180,000 times?  Small programming issues can create minute instability
issues for systems.  Or in the case of outright memory leaks, sometimes
a major issue.

That's the only thing that'd really concern me, but it's still
definitely a good question to ask.

-TG