RE: Best practices for php application

[snip]
Does anybody know of a url where I can find reading materials about best

practices to organize the filesystem and variable structure of a php
application?
Although application purposes probably vary widely, I imagine that in
one
way or other most include adding, updating, deleting and displaying
records,
so there might be some standard or preferred procedure.
[/snip]

Having designed several large applications and examining several other
large projects in PHP (and other languages) I can safely say that there
are no particular rules, save for those common sense dictates (graphics
in one location/directory, style sheets another, etc, includes another),
for filesystem organization. We have a basic model that we start with,
but past that it can get mangled pretty easily dependent upon the needs
of the application itself.