Re: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency?

Brent Baisley wrote:

I was looking at this before and I'm not even sure what you are trying to do.
For one, you are testing to see if the contents of a class variable are equal to a class instance:
$TestObj->myself == $TestObj

Which seems a logic equivalent to:
$TestObj->myself == TestClass()   ???

No, it isn't, or at least it shouldn't. $TestObj and $TestObj->myself are *both* instances of TestClass.

And in your class you are setting a class variable equal to the class it is in:
$this->myself = $this

The recursion may actually be occurring in the $this->myself = $this line, but PHP isn't throwing an error until the comparison line.

I don't know PHP internals, so you may be right.

Perhaps the comments posted in this link will help, it seems to explain the exact symptom you are getting:
http://php.planetmirror.com/manual/en/language.oop.object-comparison.php

This looks really interesting. Thanks a lot.