Re: mail problems - phpinfo information

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jed R. Brubaker" <jrb21398@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 1:21 pm
Subject: Re:  mail problems - phpinfo information

> So as I am not an administrator, and all I have to go on is
> phpinfo (unless
> anyone has some suggestions), should I be seeing some trace of
> qmail in the
> phpinfo?

No.

> That is why I posted. I apologize if I didn't make it clear. I
> have read all
> about mail,

maybe read, but not quite understanding?

and even used the fantastic Lemos MIME problem
> correcting email
> class to try to tackle my problems from a different angle.
>
> Given the paths phpinfo is reporting, is there anyway that the
> system could
> somehow still be using qmail? Or is that outside the scope of what
> this
> phpinfo can tell me?

Yes, it could be using qmail, or sendmail, or postfix.  PHP calls "sendmail" which is a binary that could be a shell for any of the MTA's mentioned above.  The sendmail provides a interface for PHP, it is up to the sys admin to make sure that the MTA being used is properly configured.