Re: mail problems - phpinfo information

So as I am not an administrator, and all I have to go on is phpinfo (unless
anyone has some suggestions), should I be seeing some trace of qmail in the
phpinfo?

That is why I posted. I apologize if I didn't make it clear. I have read all
about mail, and even used the fantastic Lemos MIME problem correcting email
class to try to tackle my problems from a different angle.

Given the paths phpinfo is reporting, is there anyway that the system could
somehow still be using qmail? Or is that outside the scope of what this
phpinfo can tell me?

Thanks again!

"Jay Blanchard" <jay.blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
[snip]
... making me wonder if a local sendmail is handling the requests
instead.

With all of the above refering to sendmail, is there anyway that my
mail()
can actually be using qmail?
[/snip]

>From http://www.php.net/mail, something you have not read apparently....

"For the Mail functions to be available, PHP must have access to the
sendmail binary on your system during compile time. [LOOKIE
HERE------>If you use another mail program, such as qmail or postfix, be
sure to use the appropriate sendmail wrappers that come with
them.<------END LOOKIE] PHP will first look for sendmail in your PATH,
and then in the following:
/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/etc:/etc:/usr/ucblib:/usr/lib. It's highly
recommended to have sendmail available from your PATH. Also, the user
that compiled PHP must have permission to access the sendmail binary. "