Re: PHP_SELF & SCRIPT_NAME differences

* Thus wrote John Holmes:
> Jordi Canals wrote:
> >I'd like to know the difference by using the $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] and
> >$_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] variables. After I read the manual, I have not
> >found the difference betwen the two when used in a Web Script. Also,
> >in all tests I've done, I get the same result in both variables.
>
> PHP_SELF seems to be more reliable as SCRIPT_NAME isn't populated on
> some OS, in my experiences. But if both are present, they'll have the
> same value.

SCRIPT_NAME comes from CGI 1.1 and is required according to the
specifications, iirc, it depends on how well the paticular
webserver impelments the CGI spec when running php as a module.

PHP_SELF will almost always be filled out, it is defined within PHP
itself.

Curt
--
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."